Monday, December 13, 2010

Traveling Abroad

I think the best part about this whole experience for me has been the many chances I have gotten to travel abroad in Europe during the weekends.  It would seem like a weekend isn't that long to explore new cities, but if you do it right it is very easy to see many sights in only a short amount of time.  There were many historical things that I wanted to see when I came to Europe, but also many things that I had never heard about.  I have now seen so many cool things over here that I am finding it very hard to leave.  Over the past few months I had the privilege of visiting Ibiza, Munich, the Vatican, Nice, Eze, Seville, Madrid, Antibes, Cannes, Monte Carlo, Paris, Florence, Rome, Pisa, Amsterdam, Calgari, and more.  Each and every place I went had unique and interesting aspects about it.  There is not one thing I can say I regret about traveling, except maybe missing out on some sleep!

Ibiza: Ibiza was an amazing experience for me.  I have dreamed of going to Ibiza ever since I got into house and dubstep music a few years ago.  The island is a mecca for all types of electronic music, and I am glad I was able to experience it with a huge group of friends.  I would go back to Ibiza every season if I could.
Hanging at the pool in Ibiza

At Es Paradis in Ibiza
Paris: Paris was awesome to see.  It is my mother's favorite city in the world, so she made sure to make of point of making me go there.  While in Paris I saw Notre Dame, the Louvre, Versailles and much more.  It was a beautiful city and full of history.  The food was also amazing, which I loved.

Hanging with some friends at Notre Dame

Me at the Eiffel Tower
The French Riviera:  The French Riviera was one of the first trips I was able to take.  We went to Eze, Nice, Antibes, Cannes and Monte Carlo.  It was certainly a very busy weekend to say the least.  We saw breathtaking views during the day, and spent our nights out in the city.  A friend and I got jumped by some guys in Nice which sucked, but other than that the trip was very fun.
On the beach in Nice
Amsterdam:  Amsterdam was a very fun city.  We definitely all had a great time exploring the Red Light District and seeing other sites the city had to offer.  Touring the Heineken factory was a huge highlight for me.  We also ate so much food I probably came back 15 pounds heavier.
With some friends on a bridge in Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment