Sunday, December 12, 2010

Restaurant Profile: La Rosa Negra




One of the better restaurants that I have had the pleasure of eating at during my stay in Barcelona is called La Rosa Negra.  It is located between the Jaume I and Urquinanoa metro stops, which is very fortunate for me because it is only a short distance away from the CEA building.  Unfortunately I didn’t find it at the start of the trip, but if I had I would have eaten there a lot more often.
The first time I went there will always stick out to me.  We had already gone to most of the restaurants around CEA, and only had about and hour to kill before our next class of the day.  We were sick of going to Burger King, George Payne’s, Bo Da B and our other same restaurants every day, so we wandered down the street in a direction we had never been before.  We had heard of a place called La Rosa Negra, but had never actually been able to find it.  Needless to say, when the sign came into view my two friends and I were all very excited.
One of the main foods I miss from the United States are the burritos I buy weekly from a place called Chipotle.  Since coming to Barcelona, I had not been able to locate a decent burrito, but that was quickly changed when I stepped into La Rosa Negra.  Once we got inside, we were quickly seated in the upstairs section of the restaurant by a waitress.  She would turn out to be one of the worst waitresses I have ever had in my life, but the food was amazing.

On that particular day I was exhausted and super hungry.  I immediately ordered a Coke with a steak burrito.  The Coke tasted pretty standard, but the burrito was out of this world.  To this day it still might be one of the best meals I have had in Barcelona.  While I didn’t love the service, the food was outstanding.  Since that day I have been to that restaurant many times; I even went out on a date there because I love the food so much.  I would definitely recommend this place to anyone I knew visiting the city.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment